Throughout history, CBD has served as a valuable therapeutic resource. However, the complexity of the different CBD products and their varying doses makes it hard for newbies to find their sweet spot. This is why people are using CBD lotion applicators as they help CBD lotions to penetrate deeper into the skin, giving targeted relief without entering the bloodstream. Here is a comprehensive guide to CBD topicals that includes the most popular CBD topicals, their uses and benefits according to recent surveys, how to use them, and more.
Is CBD legal?
CBD is readily available in various areas of the USA. However, its legal status is in flux. All 50 States have laws authorizing CBD but with differing restrictions. The federal government still views CBD in the same class as marijuana.
- In December 2015, the FDA eased the regulatory requirements to allow CBD trials to be conducted. Currently, people are obtaining CBD online without a medical cannabis license.
- There has been an immense growth in awareness and a surge in the retail sales of CBD. Consequently, analysts estimate that the CBD market could reach a value of $22 billion by 2022.
- Hemp-derived CBD was federally legalized under the 2018 Farm Bill.
- The FDA approved CBD based on an oral solution called Epidolex.
- At the organization’s 2018 annual meeting, the American Academy of Dermatology advised the use of topical CBD as a measure to treat conditions like psoriasis, stress, eczema and acne.
- CBD products, such as lotions, patches, oil and back cream applicators,are available online.
Methods of using CBD
- CBD boosters.
- CBD oil
- CBD tinctures.
- CBD edibles.
- CBD oil capsules.
- Reusable CBD patches.
CBD topicals: the most popular method of using CBD
CBD topicals include balms, creams, lotions and patches that are filled with CBD to produce skin-friendly products with the medicinal properties of CBD. In its topical form, CBD is the most popular medicine to reduce pain, anxiety and inflammation.
Is a CBD topical right for me?
CBD topicals are a great choice for anyone who wants to focus on the healing properties in specific problem area, rather than feeling the effects throughout their body. CBD topicals, including the CBD cream applicator, can potentially provide relief for a variety of issues, including:-
- Joint or muscle pain.
- Menstrual cramps.
Types of CBD topicals and their benefits
- CBD creams
- CBD creams are renowned for their pain-relieving properties.
- CBD creams offer a refreshing sensation to problem areas on our body. It is primarily due to the anti-inflammatory properties found in CBD. For instance, a CBD back cream applicator can help relieve back pain, swelling and nerve pain.
- CBD creams can be used for all skin types, including people with sensitive skin.
- CBD patches
- You can apply CBD patches to the affected part of your body and experience the effects within 5 to 15 minutes.
- They are great for providing quick pain relief without any side effects.
- CBD patches contain the anti-inflammatory properties of cannabidiol.
- They are ideal for reducing aches, such as localized pain in the knee or lower back.
- CBD lotions
- Unlike CBD creams, CBD lotions have a lighter consistency that makes them easier to spread over larger areas of the skin.
- CBD lotions can be oil-based or water-based. For instance, when you experience dry skin over your legs, use a CBD lotion applicatorinstead of a cream.
- They are effective to soothe dry, irritated skin.
- CBD balms
- CBD balms commonly come in smaller containers than CBD creams and lotions.
- As CBD balm doesn’t include water, they are of a thicker consistency than other CBD topicals.
- They are usually made with oil or beeswax.
- You can use CBD balms on ankles, hands, elbows and knees.
The common application areas for CBD patches
- Back of the neck.
- Inside of the wrists.
- Lower back.
- Inside of the bicep.
- Inside of the ankle.
- Lower thigh or behind the knee.
The working mechanism of CBD topicals
Our body’s endocannabinoid system controls a wide range of body functions, including sleep, mood and pain sensation. Consequently, CBD works by interacting with the numerous receptors of our body’s system. You can apply CBD topicals directly on your skin with an applicator so they penetrate into your skin layers and interact with the body’s endocannabinoid receptors for the intended relief.
How to use CBD topicals with the applicator?
Apply the topical to your swollen joints, aching nerves or painful back using a quality applicator. For instance, if you have back pain, use the best back lotion applicator to massage the topical into the skin. The CBD will be absorbed into your skin and collect inside the sebaceous glands to deliver effective results.
Advantages of CBD oil topicals
- Free from artificial chemicals and preservatives.
- Provides instant relief by targeting the exact area that is causing you issues.
- Contains dietary nutrients that help to support healthy hair and skin.
- Features all-natural ingredients, free from artificial dyes, fragrances and parabens.
- Soothes tired muscles and joints.
- Helps boost recovery.
- Nourishes and enhances your skin’s overall health.
- Helps deal with mental health issues.
How long do the effects of CBD last?
The effects of CBD offer people instant relief from pain, stress, anxiety and several other conditions. However, how long the effects last varies considerably. There are numerous factors that determine the duration of the relief, as explained below:
- Dosage: the larger or the higher the dosage you use, the longer the CBD will stay in your system, and the longer you will feel its positive effects.
- Frequency: after continued use, the build-up of CBD could cause its effects to last longer.
- Your body:CBD products will affect different people in various ways. Your weight, water content of your body and body mass index are some factors that determine how long the effects of CBD will last.
- Your lifestyle: if you have a more active lifestyle, your metabolism will be higher. Consequently, your body will process the CBD you consume faster.
- Food: consuming CBD products on a full stomach will impede your body’s ability to process the substance, which could cause its effects to last longer.
- Topical application: topicals made with CBD include lotions, creams, patches, balms and rubs. Therefore, the effect of CBD topicals often peak within 90 minutes of the application.
How to get the maximum benefit from CBD?
The absorption rate of CBD is impacted by the amount of hair on the skin and fatty tissue. Therefore, it is best to either increase the quantity of the CBD topical you use or choose a quality topical with a greater concentration of CBD.
For instance, if you suffer from back pain, apply the lotion with the best CBD lotion applicator. All you have to do is buy a CBD wand then rub the lotion on your back, add a few drops of the jelly over the area and rub the applicator back and forth for around 10 to 15 minutes.
After your massage session, place a proprietary ZGEL patch over your back and enjoy the perks of the CBD applicator to a greater extent.
Is it safe to apply CBD topicals multiple times a day?
Yes. The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that CBD is a non-toxic substance with no potential for addiction or abuse. It means you can apply CBD topicals with the applicator as often as needed.
When you first start taking CBD, it’s better to give your body time to adjust to something new. Therefore, start with a cream or lotion of between 200mg and 500mg to get used to the effects of CBD and understand whether it’s working for you at this concentration level.
With Mother Nature and her blend of botanical goodness, lotion applicators are crafted to support you day-to-day, moment-to-moment, and help soothe aches and pains where you want it most.