Last night must have been harsh if you are like me and have sore muscles. And you probably regret spending the whole night on the couch watching television or stressing out because you worked out too hard. Well in either case your muscles are sore. Luckily you are reading this article because I have exactly what you need!
Sore muscles usually happen when you put a lot of stress on your muscles. It is usually caused by an exercise or any other unusual activity in your routine that includes usage of your muscles. Sore muscles are commonly known as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness/DOMS, which generally starts a few hours (almost 6 to 8 hours) after the unexpected activity. In simpler terms, it is the inflammation of your muscles due to overuse or an unfamiliar activity to your body.
Now after this quite basic explanation of what sore muscles are, let’s get to a treatment option for you. What will treat this soreness?
Well, it’s C-B-D!
Yes, CBD. Chances are you are not familiar with the term, but no worries, let me explain it to you.
CBD, also known as a cannabinoid, is a compound of a plant called “Cannabis Sativa” or marijuana. The substance is often used in various products, including oils or edibles so that the user can relax or enjoy a night on the town. But wait! You might be a little confused. CBD, unlike its cousin THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), does not include the active ingredient in marijuana. So, it is non-psychoactive and will not alter your mood and give you that high feeling.
So how does CBD really help in reducing muscle soreness?
Some people might prefer using NSAIDS to get rid of the pain of inflamed muscles. However, it is CBD that incorporates anti-inflammatory effects, as well as pain-reducing to, allow the muscles to feel better. In addition, it promotes better sleep that also helps the repair of the muscle tissue and even eases tension.
So now you know how it works but you must be careful and make sure you receive the benefits. Here is a list to help you get the most out of your CBD.
- Drink enough water to flush your muscles so the waste flows into the bloodstream and then eliminated by your kidneys.
- Stretch your muscles, once done with the exercise, as it relaxes the muscles and improves the flow of blood in your body and the affected area.
- Be mindful of your own body and don’t confuse every muscle pain to be associated with DOMS. If you experience acute pain during or after a workout it may be a more serious injury such as a tear in the muscle. Also, if you experience any type of fever you should be concerned and visit your doctor.
- Know that sleep is important! Sleep allows your body to restore and repair.
- Eat a diet that is rich in protein and fiber, to keep your muscles and whole body healthy!
Now that you know how to determine muscle soreness, you have a treatment plan too! No more suffering needed. Get CBD products to relieve that inflammatory pain and relieve your stress too.